Thursday, April 25, 2013

To Vaccinate or Not

Love Your Choice & Respect Others

I have noticed that people can become very emotional around the topic of vaccinations. Parents have to create a truly personal course of action and feel satisfied with those decisions.  Often we receive conflicting information or information that makes us feel conflicted.  I would never tell someone to vaccinate or not but I do encourage everyone to become fully informed by doing their own research.  Our family has decided vaccinations are not for us.  Does that mean I think people who do vaccinate are "bad"?  No way, I think they are doing what they feel is best for them and their families.  I do not want to be judged for not vaccinating and vice versa.  What has affected my psyche in the past is the pressure from pediatricians to vaccinate.  My husband and I attended a lecture last month hosted by the National Vaccine Information Center that has lifted that guilt off of me completely.  I now feel fully confident  in our conclusion to decline vaccinations.  For more resources and comprehensive information on legislation that affects personal freedom of choice to opt out of vaccinations visit http://www.nvic.org.  What has been your experience with vaccines?  Please comment and share any thoughts, feelings, or enlightenment you have on the subject!



2 comments:

  1. This is an especially hot topic right now as more and more parents take the informed route. That's why Your Natural Baby Fair (happening April 27th) has Dr. Sears, author of the Vaccine Book as the keynote and then a very amazing panel of holistic experts and practicioners to talk on the subject and give parents some of that support and some facts. We do a very delayed schedule.... not any one in particular cuz I'm not organized enough... but I just always had this innate feeling that putting that many chemicals into a tiny body was too much. As all parents have to decide for themselves, sometimes you have a conflict between the same set of parents... then what do you do? If it had been up to me solely, we would have not vaccinated, but I had put my foot down and decided against circumcision, so my husband put his foot down and said we are vaccinating. Not letting it affect your energy/spiritual well being after you come to make a decision is important as well. Thought provoking post, Jennifer! Looking forward to seeing your family of 4 become a party of 5!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your thoughts Joann, I always appreciate your commentary and the amazing work you do for families, Xoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete